About Me

My photo

 NJ contractor since 1994, and a father, and husband. Contact me for all your construction questions.

Friday, January 07, 2011

Snow Snow no More Snow

Today's snow wasn't two bad. Hopefully the next storm will turn out to be the same. I know people who plow need it. But us contractors that Roof don't. Home Depot is out of shovels and out of salt. So that means someone is working. I don't know how people who have lost everything have done it. These past weeks have been so stressful. Last year's snow brought in alot of money so I know the snow can bring a profit. We removed alot of snow from flat roofs last year. It took digging overnight for many nights. At times it was even dangours. Getting the snow off a flat roof is very important. To much snow weight can cause the roof to clapse very quickly. Cleaning snow at home is also important. A great product is Morton Melters. The have alot of different products, the best one for me is the is the pet friendly one since I do own pets. Also a great way to melt ice off a roof is  calcium chloride will eventually melt through the snow and ice and create a channel for water to flow down into the gutters or off the roof. They also sell a product called roofmelt. You toss the tablets onto the roof and it starts to melt the snow and ice off. Great product.

0 comments: