Monday, June 06, 2011

Share a sandwich with me

I wanted to share with you, and hope you try it, one of my favorite summer sandwich's. The Caprese salad sandwich, a great veggie sandwich you will love. It is so good you can serve it at a luncheon you are having. And I make it with all fresh ingredients.

A few things you need to start building your sandwich is:
  • 12 ounces of fresh salted mozzarella cheese
  • salt
  • Freshly ground pepper
  • 2 tomatoes
  • 8 slices of good sourdough bread
  • 1 clove of garlic
  • 1 tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil
  • 1 handful of fresh basil leaves
  • 1 stove top grill pan
I am a construction man by trade, but I love to cook from the heart. So let's get started. You want to first get your grill nice and hot, or your pan on top of your stove. Then cut your cheese 1/3 inch thick and salt and pepper your cheese to taste. You want your tomato slices the same thickness as your cheese. Add salt and pepper to taste to them also. I use sourdough bread, you can use your favorite. Take some smashed garlic and rub both sides of your bread with it. After that drizzle olive oil on your bread. Take and tear some fresh basil, and begin to layer. First layer the cheese, than place the basil, and then tomatoes on your bread.

After everything is together grill your sandwich on both sides.



  

0 comments: