- Chimney Cricket-Roof boarding and flashing used to create a pitched surface behind a chimney to deflect running water away from the back of the chimney.
- Solar panels (arrays of photvoltaic cells) make use of renewable energy from the sun, and are a clean and environmentally sound means of collecting solar energy.
- A window located on the roof of a structure to provide interior building spaces with natural daylight, warmth, and ventilation. A skylight can provide your home with daylighting and warmth. When properly selected and installed, an energy-efficient skylight can help minimize your heating, cooling, and lighting costs.
- An attic fan can help lower excessive attic temperatures. Solar attic fans are available, but have limitations. Electric powered attic fans are available with thermostats to help conserve energy. Wind-powered turbine vents are another option, but require Mother Nature to supply the power.
- roof vents-A static, wind- or power-operated system for removing hot air and moisture from the air under your roof. Includes ridge vents.
Thursday, December 30, 2010
Other parts of the Roof
Posted by Alvaro Mata at 2:54 PM